Have fun when you can. Think all the time.

Music, Trees, Environment, BBC, Hardwood floors, Storytelling, Adventures, International development, Learning new things, Getting new perspectives, Writing essays, Water, Road trips, Photography, Spaghetti squash, Art, Books, Getting involved, Gingerbread lattes,(Not)Sleeping, Reading, Poetry, Falling leaves, Aging, Monologues, Prickly pear tea, Making lists, Politics, New ideas, Exploring, Traveling, Dinosaurs, Killer whales, Sushi, Pop Culture, Meeting new people, Barbequing with friends, Tubing down the river, Waking up early, Discovering new things, Trees, Empathy, Believing in the Power of Love

July 20, 2010

Home Sweet...... Honduras?

I guess I will be calling Honduras home for a couple months starting this fall. I got accepted for an internship through the AUCC (an affiliate of CIDA) and the University of Manitoba that will start this fall (mid-September)until Late January. In theory I will be doing research seeking to examine the effects on quality of life by membership in agricultural cooperatives in a developing counties and the relationship that exists as a result. At the same time the research will look at the relationship existing between internally determined/initiated programming and individual quality of life. I will [hopefully] be living with an employee of the non-governmental organization I will be working with, and work on my Spanish skills.

I'm nervous. scared. excited. But I can't say I didn't see this coming...an opportunity like this has been within my line of sight for a while now and I guess I have finally locked in on it.

Here's to new adventures and making things happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment